Responsible for small group instruction in K-5th grade in a schoolwide Title I School . Works with students in a small group setting in a K-5 school.
- Create instructional resources for use in the classroom.
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities to support standards within the regular classroom.
- Create positive educational climate for students to learn in.
- Meet course and school-wide student performance goals.
- Participate in ongoing training sessions.
- Create lesson plans and modify accordingly throughout the year.
- Maintain progress for individual students.
- Grade papers and perform other administrative duties as needed.
- Read and stay abreast of current topics in education.
- Create lesson plans.
- Utilize various curriculum resources.
- Integrate competencies, goals, and objectives into lesson plans.
- Utilize curricula that reflect the diverse educational, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds of the students served.
- Work with principals and district administration in pursuit of the District Educational Mission
- Tutor students on an individual basis.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Prepare and distribute required reports.
- Observe and evaluate student's performance.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by invoking approved disciplinary procedures.